Lectionary for the Mass (fragment).
- Lectionary for the Mass (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1150 and 1199].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a lectionary for the Mass containing excerpts from Luke 1 and 12 and from John 21.
Decoration: 3-line initials "I" at the beginning of lessons are in red; other 1-line initials are in brown uncials; rubrics are written in red minuscule with some capital forms (H and Q); punctuated with the punctus and the punctus interrogativus.
Script: written in progothic minuscule.
The fragment was used as a wrapper for another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 255 x 218 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.45
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Lectionary for the Mass (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information