- Gradual (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1140 and 1160].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a gradual containing: the thirteenth Sunday after Pentecost; the fourteenth Sunday after Pentecost; the fifteenth Sunday after Pentecost.
Decoration: 2- and 3-line Mass initials are in red square capitals; 1-line initial "A" of Alleluias is in red; other 1-line initials are in brown square capitals; rubrics written in red rustic capitals; the first line of each Mass is written in brown rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus; interlinear neumes in the St. Gall style; a later hand has added reference numbers in Roman numerals over the abbreviated chants.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 249 x 157 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.47
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gradual (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information