- Gradual (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1200 and 1250].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a gradual containing: Letania maior; Mass for the Dead; and Holy Saturday.
Decoration: 2-line initials are in red and green; 1-line initials of Kyries and of antiphons on fol. 1 are in red; 1-line initials of hymn verses and of chants on fol. 1v are in brown rustic capitals highlighted with red; rubrics written in red rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; interlinear neumes are in the St. Gall style.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The bifolium was used as a wrapper for another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 223 x 181 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.48
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--13th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gradual (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information