Moralia in Iob (fragment).
- Moralia in Iob (fragment).
- Gregory I, Pope, approximately 540-604.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- South Germany or Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a portion of Gregory the Great's Moralia in Iob.
Decoration: 1-line initials are in brown rustic capitals filled or dotted with red; the lower loop of the letter "g" is usually dotted with red; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus interrogativus.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The fragment was used as a wrapper for a thick volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 305 x 212 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.51
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Gregory--I,--Pope,--approximately 540-604.--Moralia in Job.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gregory the Great, Moralia in Iob (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information