- Homiliary (fragment).
- Alan, of Farfa, d. 769.
- Published / Created
- [between 1140 and 1160].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a homiliary containing homilies by Alan of Farfa.
Decoration: 1-line initials are in brown rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus interrogativus; hyphenation and accents have been added by a later hand.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The fragments were used as wrappers for another volume; the middle portion which formed the spine of the volume has been worn away.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 182 x 85 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.52
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Alan of Farfa, Homiliary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information