- Homiliary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1190 and 1210].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a homiliary containing portions of Gregory the Great's Homiliae xl in evangelia and Pseudo-Origen's Homily I.
Decoration: 3-line initial "I" and 2-line round "E" are in red; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; the first letter "M" of the Bible lesson on fol. 1r is in red; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus interrogativus; hyphenation in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in early gothic script (littera textualis).
The bifolium was used as a wrapper of another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 277 x 215 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.53
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--13th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Homiliary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information