Lectionary or Missal (fragment).
- Lectionary or Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1200 and 1210].
- Publication Place
- Southern Italy,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a lectionary or missal containing portions of the biblical books of Wisdom, Hebrews, Proverbs, and the Apocalypse.
Decoration: 3- and 4-line initials are written on the inner vertical bounding line; one of them is a plain red square capital "I"; the others are brown square capitals filled with red foliate ornamentation; 1-line initials are brown, highlighted with red; rubrics written in red minuscule; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus versus.
Script: written in Beneventan script.
The fragment was used as a wrapper for another volume; it is possible that this leaf is the one listed by E.A. Lowe in "A New List of Beneventan Manuscripts," in Collectanea Vaticana in honorem Anselmi M. Card.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 157 x 211 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.55
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Lectionary or Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information