Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Sacramentary (fragment).
- Sacramentary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
Manuscript fragment on parchment of a sacramentary containing: Canon of the Mass; Christmas Eve (24 December); and Christmas (25 December).
Decoration: 6-line Romanesque initial "D" in brown with intertwining brown vines ending in leaves; the letter and vines are decorated with bands filled with circles one of which has a 5-pointed asterisk in the center compartment; 2-line initials are in red square capitals; 1-line initials in red square capitals; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; the first line of the mass for Christmas Eve is written in red capitals; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in early gothic script (littera textualis).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 215 x 154 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.59
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--13th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Sacramentary General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information