Commentary on Priscian's Institutiones Grammaticae (fragment).
- Commentary on Priscian's Institutiones Grammaticae (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1110].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a commentary on Priscian's Institutiones Grammaticae.
Decoration: 1-line initials are in brown; the lemmata are set apart from the preceding commentary by paragraph marks in brown; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in Caroline minuscule in a minute, highly abbreviated scholastic hand.
The fragment was used as a flyleaf in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 223 x 161 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.63
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Priscian,--active approximately 500-530.--Institutio de arte grammatica.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Commentary on Priscian's Institutiones Grammaticae (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information