Canticles (from a Psalter) (fragment).
- Canticles (from a Psalter) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1200 and 1250].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Canticles from a Psalter, including readings from Exodus 15 and Habakkuk 3.
Decoration: 3-line initial "D" is in red with blue flourishes; 1-line initials are in red square capitals; rubrics written in red rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus and punctus versus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
This fragment was used as the binding of a book with the title "Summa etc." written on the spine.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 179 x 121 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.64
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Canticles (from a Psalter) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information