Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
- Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1100 and 1150].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a Gallican Psalter containing readings from Psalms 32, 35, and 36.
Decoration: the Psalms are written according to verse lines; 3-line initial "N" at the beginning of Psalm 36 is a square capital in orange; 1-line initials at the beginning of verses are in orange; rubrics written in orange rustic capitals; the first line of Psalm 36 is written in brown capitals with uncial and rustic capital forms; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; a contemporary hand has written "...viam" with neumes in the margin of fol. 2r.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The fragment was used in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 66 x 43 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.65
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Psalter (Gallican). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information