Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
- Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1150 and 1199].
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a Gallican Psalter containing a reading from Psalm 26.
Decoration: the Psalm is written according to verse lines; 8-line initial "D" is in red outline and is filled with blue and green wash; the style is reminiscent of Regensburg decoration; the letters of the first two words of the Psalm are written on four lines to the right of the initial in 1-line square capitals that alternate between red and blue highlighted with red; 1-line initials at the beginning of verses are written in red square capitals; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; line fillers and line dividers in red.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 190 x 132 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.66
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Psalter (Gallican) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information