Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
- Psalter (Gallican) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a Gallican Psalter containing readings from Psalms 42, 50, and 58.
Decoration: 3-line initials at the beginning of Psalms are in red, which in places has oxidized to a silver color; 1-line initials at the beginning of verses are in red square capitals; rubrics written in red rustic capitals; the first line of each Psalm is written in brown rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The fragments were used in a binding; the bifolium was probably used as a flyleaf.
- ff. 1-3 : parchment ; 173 x 121 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.67
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Psalter (Gallican) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information