- Sacramentary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a sacramentary containing among other items: Mass for a saint whose relics are held in the church; Mass for a priest; Mass requesting the grace of the Holy Spirit; Mass on the temptation of the flesh; Mass for the Bishop; Mass for the living; and Mass for the living and the dead.
Decoration: 2-line initials at the beginning of each Mass are in red square capitals; 1-line initials are in red square capitals; rubrics written in red rustic capitals; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The bifolium was used as a flyleaf in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 214 x 123 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.70
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Sacramentary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information