- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1190 and 1210].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing readings from: Common of Saints; Lesson from Hebrews 5; Unidentified secreta and postcommunio (Common of a Confessor?); and Common of Virgins.
Decoration: three lines of a large initial "F" (?) that is half green and half red are preserved on fol. 1r; 1-line initials at the beginning of prayers are in red square capitals; smaller 1-line initials are in brown rustic capitals highlighted with red; rubrics are written in a mixture of red capitals and minuscule forms; liturgical directions are written in brown minuscule with some rustic capital forms and are dotted with red; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
The pastedown was formerly used as a pastedown in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 113 x 155 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.72
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information