- Aeneid (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Vergil's Aeneid containing portions of Books 2 and 3, including a section of the Pseudo-Ovidian Prologue to Book 3.
A leaf from the same manuscript was sold to a private collector by Maggs Bros. Ltd., in 1982; folio 2 of the Beinecke fragments was used as the spine in the binding of a book and the Maggs leaf formed the wrappers for the front and back covers of this volume.
Decoration: a portion of the initial "P" of Book 3 is preserved, written in red; 1-line initials at the beginning of verses are in brown in a mixture of rustic capital and uncial forms; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 170 x 99mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.76
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Vergil, Aeneid (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information