Historia monarchorum (fragment).
- Historia monarchorum (fragment).
- Rufinus, of Aquileia, 345-410.
- Published / Created
- [between 1190 and 1199].
- Publication Place
- Lambach, Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Historia monachorum, containing portions of chapters 29, 32, and 33.
Decoration: 1-line initials at the beginning of chapters are in red uncials; other 1-line initials are in brown, once filled with red, and are a mixture of uncial, rustic capital, and enlarged minuscule forms; rubrics are written in red rustic capitals; a line divider is in brown filled with red; punctuated with the puncus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Other leaves of the same manuscript are preserved as flyleaves in Lambach, Stiftsbibliothek, Cml XLIV, Cml XLV, and Cml IL; this fragment was used in the binding of another volume.
Script: written in late Caroline minuscule.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 215 x 160 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.77
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--12th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Rufinus,--of Aquileia,--345-410.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Rufinus of Aquileia, Historia monachorum (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information