- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1290 and 1310]
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing St. Paul (30 June).
Decoration: initials of antiphons and responses are 1-line red capitals; 1-line initials for verses and Psalm incipits are in brown highlighted with red; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation in the same ink as the text; interlinear neumes in the St. Gall style, somewhat surprising in a manuscript of this date; differentiae in roman numerals with neumes in the St. Gall style are in the outer margins for antiphons with full text.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 266 x 194 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.78A
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--13th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--14th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information