Liber ad monachos
- Liber ad monachos
- Hieronymus de Neapoli
- Published / Created
- s. XV^^2 [2nd half 15th century]
- Publication Place
- Manuscript on parchment of Book for the instruction of monks.
Binding: Nineteenth century. Rigid vellum case.
Gold initial, 4-line, infilled and surrounded by blue penwork designs, on f. 1r for beginning of prologue; charming border extending down inner margin, in blue and purple penwork, with gold dots, incoporates grotesque with gold tongue. Plain red initials, 3- to 2-line, with purple penwork, for first incipit. Headings and paragraph marks in red throughout. Guide-letters for rubricator.
Script: Written by two scribes. Scribe 1 (ff. 1r-22r) in informal humanistic script. Scribe 2 (ff. 22r-54v) in fere-humanistic script.
Some folios repaired with modern paper or parchment along lower margin.
The author Hieronymus Miraballius of Naples was vicar general of the Olivetan order 1417-20, 1431-35.
- ff. i + 54 + i : parchment ; 200 x 139 (140 x 99) mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Partially digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 379
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- three dimensional object
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
Hieronymus de Neapoli
- Subject (Topic)
Illumination of books and manuscripts, Medieval
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library
Monasticism and religious orders--Rules
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Hieronymus de Neapoli, Liber ad Monachos. General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University. and Shailor, B. Catalogue of Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, MS 379.
- Orbis Record
- More Information