Gospel Harmony, Matthew and Luke (with commentary) (fragment).
- Gospel Harmony, Matthew and Luke (with commentary) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1200 and 1250].
- Publication Place
- Northern France (?),
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a Gospel harmony, containing portions of the biblical books of Matthew and Luke with two sets of unidentified commentary surrounding it.
Decoration: each section from the Bible begins with a 2-line initial in red; the corresponding sections of the commentary begin with a 1-line red initial; other 1-line initials in both the text and the commentary are in black; the lemmata in the commentary are underlined with red; canon table numbers are written in black in the margins and are surrounded by red boxes; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in early gothic script (littera textualis).
- ff. 1 : parchment; 320 x 225 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.83
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gospel Harmony, Matthew and Luke (with commentary) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information