Bible, Commentary on Wisdom (fragment).
- Bible, Commentary on Wisdom (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Northern France (?),
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an unidentified commentary on the biblical book of Wisdom.
Decoration: 1-line initials are in black; punctuated with the punctus; quotations from Wisdom are underlined in black.
Script: written in a small gothic script with frequent abbreviations (littera textualis currens).
This fragment was used as a wallet binding for another codex; the number "146" is written on the spine of the volume, possibly referring to Lambach Cml CXLVI; the modern location of Cml CXLVI is unknown.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 297 x 197 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.84
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Bible.--Wisdom of Solomon--Criticism, interpretation, etc.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Bible, Commentary on Wisdom (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information