- Breviary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a breviary containing: Common of a Martyr Bishop and Common of Martyrs.
Decoration: 2- and 3-line initials at the beginning of lessons are in red uncials; the initials for prayers are in red and are 3-line initials when they occur at the beginning of a line and 1-line initials when they occur within a line; 1-line initials within lessons are in black; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus interrogativus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Fol. 1 was used as a pastedown and fol. 2 as a flyleaf in the binding of another volume.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 185 x 280 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.86
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Breviary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information