- Breviary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1300 and 1350].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a breviary containing the Fourth Sunday of Advent, second nocturn of matins, and Fourth Sunday of Advent, from the second to the third nocturn of matins.
Decoration: the initials of the lessons are slightly enlarged; they alternate blue with red penwork or red with blue penwork; initials at the beginning of verses are highlighted with red; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; liturgical directions are written in black and are underlined in red; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
The fragment was used as a pastedown in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 138 x 100 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.87
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Breviary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information