- Decretales (fragment).
- Gregory IX, Pope, approximately 1170-1241
- Published / Created
- [between 1250 and 1299].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of some decretales of Gregory IX.
Decoration: there are guide letters for initials at the beginning of each capitulum, but the initials have not been added; 1-line initials are in red; the heading of titulus VI is written in red; punctuated with the punctus; paragraph marks are in red ink, brackets in brown; corrections have been made by several contemporary hands.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
The fragment was used as a flyleaf in the binding of another volume from the Abbey of Sts. Peter and Paul in Melk.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 282 x 222 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.94
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Gregory--IX,--Pope,--approximately 1170-1241.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Gregory IX, Decretales (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information