- Digesta (fragment).
- Alternative Title
- Justinian I, Emperor of the East, 483?-565.
- Published / Created
- [between 1290 and 1299].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Justinian's Digesta with the glossa ordinaria commentary of Accursius.
Decoration: initials of the names of authorities alternate 1- and 2-line red and blue capitals; the first word of each section begins with a 1-line capital alternating red and blue; guide letters for both initials are written in light brown ink; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: text of the Digest in a rounded gothic script (littera textualis), that oc the commentary in a smaller hand (notularis), perhaps later.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 277 x 222 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.98
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Justinian--I,--Emperor of the East,--483?-565.
- Subject (Topic)
Law, Roman--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Justinian, Digesta with glossa ordinaria of Accursius (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information