- Digesta (fragment).
- Alternative Title
- Justinian I, Emperor of the East, 483?-565.
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of Justinian's Digesta with the glossa ordinaria commentary of Accursius.
Decoration: initials of the names of authorities are 2- and 3-line blue capitals with red penwork; the initials of the first word of each section are 1-line red capitals; 1-line initials within the text are in black; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; paragraph marks are either red, blue, or black; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in a rounded gothic script (littera textualis); later marginal and interlinear notes.
The fragment was used as part of a wrapper for another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 184 x 232 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.99
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Justinian--I,--Emperor of the East,--483?-565.
- Subject (Topic)
Law, Roman--Early works to 1800.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Justinian, Digesta with glossa ordinaria of Accursius (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information