Prayers (in Latin and Middle High German) (fragment).
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Prayers (in Latin and Middle High German) (fragment).
- Prayers (in Latin and Middle High German) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1290 and 1310].
- Publication Place
Manuscript fragment on parchment of prayers in Latin and Middle High German; the Latin prayer is the Rhythmica oratio while the Middle High German prayers are unidentified.
Decoration: 1-line initials are in black capitals highlighted with red; sections within the Rhymica oratio are marked by paragraph marks in red; rubrics in the prayers are written in black minuscule and underlined in red; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
In Latin and Middle High German.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
The bifolia were glued together and formed the wrapper for one board in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1-4 : parchment ; 105 x 100 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.100
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Prayers (in Latin and Middle High German) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information