- Sacramentary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1200 and 1250].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a sacramentary containing: Mass for an unidentified saint and companions; St. Emmeram (22 September); Sts. Cosmas and Damian (27 September); Archangel Michael (29 September); St. Jerome (30 September); Sts. Simon and Jude (28 October); Vigil of All Saints (31 October); All Saints (1 November); and St. Caesarius (1 November).
Decoration: 2-line initials at the beginning of each Mass and 1-line initials for other prayers are in red; rubrics are written in in red in the same script as the text, with occasional use of uncial or rustic capital forms; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in early gothic script (littera textualis).
The fragment was used as the wrapper for a copy of Abraham Gorlaeus's Dactyliotheca.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 225 x 210 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.102
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Sacramentary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information