- Sermons (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1300 and 1350].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a group of sermons, including: Hildebert of Le Mans, Sermones de tempore; Unidentified sermon on John the Evangelist; and Unidentified sermon on the Circumcision (1 January).
Decoration: spaces have been left at the beginning of homilies for 2-line initials, but they have not been added; 1-line initials are in brown; punctuated with the punctus; a contemporary hand has made some corrections to the text in a darker ink.
Script: written in an informal gothic script (approaching a littera textualis currens).
The fragment was used as a pastedown in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment; 195 x 175 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.103
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Sermons (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information