- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1390 and 1410].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing: the Annunciation (25 March); Responsories from the book of Job and Psalms; and a computistical table for calculating the time between Christmas and Shrove Tuesday, with explicatory notes in German.
Decoration: 2-line initials at the beginning of the antiphon on fol. 1 are in red; the guide letters for these initials are still visible in light brown ink and some have been ornamented, including one with a crude figure of a person; 2-line initials at the beginning of verses on fol. 1 are in black with black penwork; fol. 2v begins with a very crude 2-line round D in red; rubrics written in red; musical notation is in black and on fol. 1 is on a 4-line staff in black; on fol. 2r it is on a 5-line staff in black; punctuated with the punctus.
In Latin and German.
Script: written by three scribes in gothic script (littera textualis); one scribed copied fol. 1, another copied fol. 2r, and a third copies fol. 2v.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 315 x 230 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.106
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- notated music
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information