Lessons for the Mass (from a Lectionary or Missal) (fragment).
- Lessons for the Mass (from a Lectionary or Missal) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Switzerland (?),
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of lessons from the Mass, from a lectionary or missal, including among others: Anthony (13 June); Sts. Gervase and Protase (24 June); Vigil of St. John the Baptist (23 June); Vigil of Sts. Peter and Paul (28 June); and Octave of the Apostles.
Decoration: the words "In illo tempore" begin with a 7- to 8-line initial "I" in blue with red penwork; the initials of the lessons are 1-line red or blue initials decorated with blue or red penwork; 1-line initials within lessons are in black highlighted with red; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; hyphenation and accents are in the same ink as the text; there are symbols similar to neumes above some of the text, perhaps aids for reading aloud.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
The fragment was used as a wrap-around binding for a book belonging to one "Iohannes Ienatschius notarius" whose name is written on fol. 2v.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 190 x 206 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.108
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Switzerland--13th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Lessons for the Mass (from a Lectionary or a Missal) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information