- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing Palm Sunday and Feria II after Palm Sunday.
Decoration: 2-line initials of prayers and lessons alternate red and blue; 1-line initials within lessons, of chants and the first letters following a 2-line initial are brown and yellow; rubrics written in a red cursive script; punctuated with the punctus; a contemporary hand has made corrections in black ink.
Script: written in two sizes of rounded gothic script (littera textualis), a larger script for the lessons and prayers and a smaller script for chants.
This fragment was used as a flyleaf in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 285 x 230 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.111
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Italy--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information