- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing the Saturday after the First Sunday of Quadragesima and the Second Sunday of Quadragesima.
Decoration: 2- and 3-line initials at the beginning of lessons and prayers alternate blue decorated with red penwork and red with no flourishes (the blue is faded); 1-line initials beginning the second word of the lessons alternate red and blue; other 1-line initials are brown highlighted with red strokes and dots; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; hyphenation added by a later hand.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis formata).
The fragment was used as a wrapper for another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 185 x 293 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.112
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information