On Virtues and Vices (fragment).
- On Virtues and Vices (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1300 and 1350].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of On Virtues and Vices written as a palimpsest over an earlier illegible text from the 10th or 11th century.
Decoration: 1-line initials are in brown and are not set apart from the text; there is a space for a 2-line initial on fol. 1r, but it has not been added; punctuated with the punctus; authorities for specific passages in the upper text are written in the outer margins.
Script: The upper text is written in a gothic script (littera textualis currens); the lower text is written in Caroline minuscule.
The fragment was used as a pastedown in the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1- 2 : parchment ; 112 x 103 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.113
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- On Virtues and Vices (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information