Buchlein der Ewigen Weisheit (fragment).
Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library > Buchlein der Ewigen Weisheit (fragment).
- Buchlein der Ewigen Weisheit (fragment).
- Seuse, Heinrich, 1295-1366.
- Published / Created
- [between 1340 and 1360].
- Publication Place
- SW Germany or N. Switzerland,
Manuscript fragment on parchment of Heinrich Seuse's Buchlein der Ewigen Weisheit; this is among the earliest known copies of the work and is written in a transitional dialect between Swabian and Alemannic.
Decoration: 3-line initials at the beginning of chapters are in red; 1-line initials are in black highlighted with red; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus and virgule.
In Middle High German.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
These fragments were used as the binding for another volume.
- ff. 1-4 : parchment ; 171 x 121 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
German, Middle High (ca.1050-1500)
- Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.114
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Switzerland--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Heinrich Seuse, Buchlein der Ewigen Weisheit (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- Object ID (OID)
- More Information