- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1499].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing the Common of the Apostles.
Decoration: The 4-line initial at the beginning of the office is blue and red with blue and red flourishes; 2-line initials at the beginning of responses alternate blue and red; 2-line initials at the beginning of verses are brown with brown and yellow flourishes; 1-line initials within verses are in brown and are highlighted with red; rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; musical notation is on a four-line staff.
Script: written in rounded gothic script (littera textualis formata).
The leaf was used as the wrapper for the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 346 x 238 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.116
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information