- Breviary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a breviary containing St. Andrew (30 November).
Decoration: 1-line initials at the beginning of lessons are in red; other 1-line initials are in brown highlighted with red; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; liturgical directions are written in brown and are underlined in red; punctuated with the punctus and virgule.
Script: written in a hybrid gothic script (littera textualis with frequent but not consistent use of cursive forms of d, b, l, and t; s and f do not descend below the base line).
The fragment was used as the wrapper of another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 149 x 111 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.118
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Breviary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information