Book of Hours (fragment).
- Book of Hours (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1499].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a Book of Hours containing: the Hours of the Virgin; full-page miniature of mediocre quality depicting the Adoration of the Magi; full-page miniature of mediocre quality depicting the Office of the Dead; the Office of the Dead; and Suffrages.
Decoration: rubrics written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in a hybrid gothic script mixing elements of littera bastarda and littera cursiva formata.
- ff. 1-3 : parchment ; 124 x 89 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.123
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--France--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions
- Subject (Topic)
Books of hours.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Book of Hours (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information