Book of Hours (fragment).
- Book of Hours (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment from a Book of Hours including the Suffrage for St. Paul.
Decoration: Historiated 7-line initial "O" on the recto in blue with white highlights filled by a depiction of the apostle Paul standing on a green field with a gold ground; Paul holds a book in his left hand and a sword in his right; the 2-line initial at the beginning of the antiphon is in red, surrounded by brown penwork; 1-line initials are in black; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 118 x 83 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.124
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Prayers and devotions
- Subject (Topic)
Books of hours.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Book of Hours (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information