- Hymnal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a hymnal containing a variety of hymns, some unidentified, including Thomas Aquinas (Corpus Christi).
Decoration: 2- to 12-line initials at the beginning of hymns are in red; only those that begin with the letter "I" are set apart from the text; 1-line initials at the beginning of verses are in red; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in a formal gothic script (littera textualis formata).
The fragment was used as part of a wrapper for another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 323 x 245 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.125
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Hymnal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information