- Antiphonary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Low Countries or W. Germany,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an antiphonary containing unidentified chants and Holy Saturday, lauds.
Decoration: the 4-line initial "U" is in blue and red; some of the sketched flourishes outside of the letter have been traced in red and filled with green; inside the letter a floral pattern has been sketched and partially completed; the 2-line initial "O" is red with sketched flourishes only partially completed and filled with green; rubrics in red in the same script as the text; quadrata notation is in black on a 4-line staff in red; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 121 x 147 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.128
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Belgium--15th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Netherlands--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Antiphonary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information