- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing the Common of Confessors and the Common of a Confessor Bishop.
Decoration: 1- and 2-line initials alternate red and blue; rubrics are in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus and punctus elevatus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in two sizes of gothic script (littera textualis), with a larger script for the prayers and a smaller script for the chants.
The fragment was used as the wrapper of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 405 x 248 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.129
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information