- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1499].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing: St. Chrysogonus (24 November); St. Catharine of Alexandria (25 November); St. Virgil, Bishop of Salzburg (27 November); Common of an Apostle; and Common of Martyrs.
Decoration: There is a 7-line initial "E" on fol. 1v in pink with red and white highlights on a gold ground; green and blue vines with pink flowers extend from the initial into the lower margin and the forks in the vines were once filled with gold wedges; other 1- to 4-line initials are in red; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in a formal gothic script (littera textualis formata).
The leaves were once used as wrappers for the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 345 x 238 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.130
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information