- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1499].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing a variety of feriae from the third week of Quadragesima.
Decoration: The 2-line initial beginning the Mass of Feria III is a blue uncial; the 8-line initial "I" beginning the lesson is red; 1-line initials are uncials in red or black highlighted with red; rubrics written in red; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; the foliation is written in red roman numerals in the center of the upper margin of the recto.
Script: written in two sizes of gothic script (littera textualis formata), with a larger script for the lessons and prayers and a smaller script for the chants.
The fragment was used as the wrapper of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 241 x 211 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.131
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information