Index from a Missal (fragment).
- Index from a Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of an index from a missal of the temporale, sanctorale, and Common of the saints.
Decoration: the 1-line initials at the beginning of each line are in red or in black highlighted with red; the feasts of Advent, the canon and prefaces of the Mass, the first Sunday after Easter, the beginning of the sanctorale, and all the items of the Commons are written in red; other important feast days such as Christmas, Epiphany, Easter, and Pentecost begin with a paragraph mark in red; punctuated with the punctus.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis formata) in red and black ink.
The fragments were used as binding covers for another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 130 x 230 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.132
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Index from a Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information