- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1450 and 1499].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing: Common of the Apostles; Common of Martyrs; Common of a Martyr; Common of a Martyr not a Bishop; and Common of a Martyr Bishop.
Decoration: 6- to 7-line initials "I" at the beginning of lessons are in red; other 1-, 2-, and 3-line initials are in red; 1-line initials within lessons are in black highlighted with red; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in two sizes of gothic script (littera textualis), with a larger script for the lessons and prayers and a smaller script for the chants.
When they formed a bifolium, the fragments were used as the binding of another volume; on fol. 1r and fol. 2v there are mirror images of an unidentified printed text that offset onto the parchment while the leaves were serving as binding material.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 380 x 277 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.133
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information