- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Southern Germany or Austria,
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing: Visitation of Mary (2 July); Mass for an unidentified martyr; St. Pantaleon (27 July); Mass on the five wounds of Christ; Mass for the living; and Votive Mass in time of temptation.
Decoration: there are spaces for initials and rubrics, but none have been added except for the lengthy rubric on fol. 2v; 1-line capitals within lessons are black; punctuated with the punctus, rarely; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; accents added by a later hand.
Script: written in two sizes of gothic script (littera textualis formata) with a larger script for the lessons and prayers and a smaller script for the chants.
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 310 x 208 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.135
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Austria--14th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information