- Missal (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1390 and 1410].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a missal containing the Great Litany and St. Anne (26 July).
Decoration: 2-line initials at the beginning of Masses and lessons and 1-line initials at the beginning of chants and prayers alternate red and blue uncials; 1-line initials within the lessons are in brown highlighted with red; the rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus, punctus elevatus, and punctus interrogativus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: written in two sizes of gothic script (littera textualis formata), with a smaller script for the chants and a larger one for the prayers and lessons.
The fragment was used as part of the wrapper for the binding of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 237 x 199 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.136
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--14th century.
Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missal (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information