Missale Bambergense (Johann Sensenschmidt) (fragment).
- Missale Bambergense (Johann Sensenschmidt) (fragment).
- Published / Created
- Publication Place
- Bamberg, Germany,
- Printed book fragment on parchment of a leaf from the Missale Bambergense, a printed missal. The leaf contains the Mass for rain and the Mass for fair weather.
Decoration: 2-line initials at the beginning of Masses, prayers, and lessons and 1-line initials at the beginning of chants are in red and are adorned with balls; 1-line initials of verses and within lessons are in black; rubrics are printed in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus, the colon, and the punctus interrogativus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text.
Script: printed in two sizes of gothic typeface; the larger is for the lessons and prayers and the smaller type is for the chants.
The fragment was used as the wrapper of another volume.
- ff. 1 : parchment ; 164 x 230 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.137
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Missale Bambergense (Johann Sensenschmidt) (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information