- Sequentiary (fragment).
- Published / Created
- [between 1400 and 1450].
- Publication Place
- Manuscript fragment on parchment of a sequentiary containing: Notker Balbulus (Christmas, 25 December), Notker Balbulus (St. Stephen, 26 December), Notker Balbulus (Assumption of Mary, 15 August), and Adam of St. Victor (St. Augustine, 28 August).
Decoration: 2-line initials at the beginning of sequences are in red, decorated with blue penwork; 1-line initials at the beginning of verses alternate red and blue; rubrics are written in red in the same script as the text; punctuated with the punctus; hyphenation is in the same ink as the text; musical notation in black on four-line staff in red.
Fol. 1 was used as the wrapper of another volume.
Script: written in gothic script (littera textualis formata).
- ff. 1-2 : parchment ; 315 x 207 mm.
- Extent of Digitization
- Completely digitized
- Call Number
- Beinecke MS 482.140
Subjects, Formats, And Genres
- Manuscripts, Medieval--Germany--15th century.
- Resource Type
- Archives or Manuscripts
- Subject (Name)
- Catholic Church--Liturgy.
- Subject (Topic)
Manuscripts, Medieval--Connecticut--New Haven.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscript Fragments in Beinecke Library.
Medieval and Renaissance Manuscripts in Beinecke Library.
Access And Usage Rights
- The use of this image may be subject to the copyright law of the United States (Title 17, United States Code) or to site license or other rights management terms and conditions. The person using the image is liable for any infringement.
- Sequentiary (fragment). General Collection, Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library, Yale University.
- Orbis Record
- More Information